Sunday, March 3, 2013

March 1 Update

  Fixing up houses seems to be like aging cheese and/or wine... it takes time. I admit I am the impatient type and want things done yesterday. However, since I can neither hammer a nail or paint a wall, I really have to applaud the people who do those things. Not to bore any readers on the details, I do want to post a little update.


  • Carpet is in!! A light beige color in the large family room on lower level. The walls of the family room are paneled in walnut, the light color carpet compliments the walnut. This carpet is also on the stairs. Note: this house has a walkout basement, I usually refer to it as lower level. In practical terms, think of the house as a two story house. 
  • New light fixtures have been ordered for upstairs hall. 
  • Most of the walls have been painted.
  • Upstairs bathroom is getting tiled and new toilet installed in coming week.
 I truly do appreciate everyone who checks Zillow to see if the house is ready to show. We had a discussion about keeping the house marked "make me move". Right now I am going to leave it as that. (But please, no more real estate people... geez, enough already.) 

No comments: